Monday, October 16, 2017

The Five Year Plan

 I am a college sophomore. My next three years will be the struggle to balance school, relationships and career building. I believe to be fulfilled in this life one must have many passions, and so this year I begin to study under a cheesemonger.
 Having worked front of house since the age of eighteen, I have a craving (no pun intended) to get closer to food. Believing the old adage that if you do something you love, you'll never work a day in your life, I follow my heart, to cheese. While growing leaps and bounds in my academic life, I will grow ounces and pounds in my quest to learn the epicurean delights.
 This mounting weight will prompt me to pursue a childhood aspiration, and begin my ascent to martial arts master. Gaining this discipline will have a positive influence in all aspects of my life, and I will graduate in the top tenth percentile of my class, with a lovely wine and cheese reception to follow.
 A trek across the California cheese trail after graduation will lead to positive connections and lifelong friends, but another dream is obscuring my path. I mean, I'm in California, I have to take a chance on my dreams. So I used the skills acquired over the last few years to pick up odd jobs during the day, and spread laughter and karate by night.
 While catering a red carpet after party, I meet Jackie Chan. I believe this is the break I need to make a name for myself in the entertainment industry, but it is not until I start producing my own comedy martial arts films that Jackie really takes notice of me. He takes me under his wing, and shops my script for me, with his name on the Executive Producer title. We get ice cream together once a week.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Final Video Project